As a result of high cost and maintaining livestock is much higher than plants making it harder to maintain enough populations, animal breeders revolved around studying traits such as productivity, disease resistance and longevity of animals. Farm animals are valuable resources. It is of interest to wide audience of researchers, understanding how genomics and proteomics function in various organisms. Applications such as Xenotransplantation, transgenesis increased livestock productivity and bioengineer new materials.
- Track 1-1 Expression Sequence tags
- Track 2-2 The Swine Sequence
- Track 3-3 Bos Taurus genome
- Track 4-4 Sheep Genome project
- Track 5-5 Physical Mapping
- Track 6-6 Translational Genomics